Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Shaintar News-ish Teasery


It is Wednesday, so I shall be bloggy today, even though I am still recovering from what has turned out to be a very nasty cold.

So let me use the Barking of the Beagle to tease out some plans regarding Shaintar, so that those who actually bother to read this (either on my Facebook page on on my blog) will get some advance notice about some really cool stuff. Note that I will have to be somewhat vague about some details; some specific coordination is required among specific entities before more specifics can be specified.

Yeah, sorry about that. Blame the cold medicines.

First off, both core books are written and edited. They are not vaporware, I promise. All that remains is the various elements of production required to do a book of quality - art, layout, graphic design. As well, they need to be produced in a fashion that will make them ready for the Digital Print Program that DriveThruRPG offers, so that they are immediately available as print products.

At this point, I can assure you that Shaintar: Legends Arise (the book that covers game play for both players and GMs from Novice to Veteran ranks as per Savage Worlds) is already undergoing that process as I type this. My plan is for you to have it in your hands shortly after the holidays.

I have a very interesting plan where Shaintar: Legends Unleashed (which covers Heroic and Legendary play) is concerned, as well as the *many* Guide Books, Faction Books, and Adventure Books that are planned and, in many cases, already written as well.

What's the plan, you ask?

Well, let's just say it's a rather kicky way to start up something pretty huge, and huge is what I will be going for by the time all is said and done.

If you've been paying attention to the new Shaintar Community on G+, you got another interesting hint that may help tie a few things together as well. Just sayin'.

Those of you who love and support Shaintar are precious to me, and your patience is incredibly appreciated. It seemed a good time to reward that with some assurances that plans are engaged and things really are happening. 2013 promises to be a great year for Shaintar.

Game on!

~SPF

No comments:

Post a Comment