Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Life, Love, and Dice

Almost every single day, my life presents some kind of interesting turn. I love that about this life - boring is no way to go through existence.

Today, someone came back into an active role in my life. That someone is incredibly special to Carinn and me, and we have no intention of letting them slip back out again. The Universe tells me, in no uncertain terms, that this is important.

I'm listening.

I've learned so much more about myself, what Love means to me, and the incredible capacity for and power of Love that is in my grasp. All thanks to Carinn.

We got a brief game in tonight - the "Princes and Pirates" campaign that Lee Ballew (of Colossal Clash fame) is running for us in my Shaintar setting. Gods, I've missed gaming! The holidays, housemates' job changes, and moving sweet Miss Mary into the Manor have set our lives in quite a bit of an uproar, but we are slowly settling things down and getting back to the table to inhabit our favorite characters and roll some dice.

In fact, that's what I am giving for Christmas this year - a lot of folks who've played in Shaintar for a while now miss playing their truly epic, Legendary characters. I've not run the "Big Guns Games" in a while, preferring to focus on the less powerful characters and their storylines.

So, as my present, I am setting up an entire holiday schedule (post-Christmas, around the New Year's holiday period) to give everyone a chance to get their make-the-GM-cry characters out and do untold havoc on my Shaintar setting.

Of course, I have a few tricks up my sleeve that might make things interesting...

Cheers, and keep those dice rolling!

~SPF

PS - Seriously, who doesn't want a cool miniatures-style wargame for their iPad? Check out the 1879 Kickstarter, friends. That's the biggest deal about what we're doing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment